I’m in the process of moving mailcow from an old ubuntu 16.04 server to a new server box which is running 20.04. After the restore, all the configuration seems to be in placed and I can send and receive email, however all existing mail is missing - although the space is allocated for it.. ie mailbox in sogo is not showing any mail, but is saying in admin site and sogo 61% used.
I’ve used the backup and restore method with the helper script as follows:
- Updated the current live server and then used the backup all function to create a backup.
- Copied the backup directory using scp from the old box to the new one. mailcow.conf was permission denied during the copy, so I copied the contents of the existing mailcow.conf into a new file and placed it in the backup directory on the new server.
- Followed instructions in documentation to install a new mailcow installation (no errors).
- ran ./update on the new install
- Confirmed new install by logging into admin area.
- Used the helper script restore function (no errors).
- Also preformed "docker exec [on dovecote container] doveadm force-resync -A ‘*’
No errors in the logs that I can see, and the logs contains info from the old server as well as the new.