Can mailcow be used as an email forwarding service for certain mailboxes where
- Emails forwarded: users can set fowarding from email@example.com to another destination firstname.lastname@example.org without storing, but can an administrator do this upon creation of a mailbox?
- No emails are stored: can the administrator also indicate upon creation of a mailbox that no copy needs to be kept of the emails. => https://community.mailcow.email/d/1841-manage-users-sogo-set-forwarding-settings seems to be a good pointer.
- If th SOGO access is disabled by administrator upon creation of the mailbox, the user can not change anymore the forewording options, nor the setting that no copies of the mail is kept? Or can these setting nevertheless be changed by external programs? Without SOGO access, the user can not store calendars and an address books on the mail server?
- if beside setting-up forwarding emails without keeping a copy in the mailbox, the administrator sets the storage amount of the mailbox to 1MiB: what is the impact? Can this be an extra setting to avoid storing mail in the mailbox of the users? Does this impact the forwarding in case email@example.com is not reachable for a certain time?
- Can the user send emails with firstname.lastname@example.org if SOGO access is disabled? And if storage is set to 1MiB?
- Is there a way to avoid logging of mail traffic?
- What in case incoming mail is getting in the spam folder? Can user access it? Setting space to 1MiB makes storage of spam impossible? Or is better to let the spam mails be forwarded?
PS: for no-reply mailboxes, should quota be set low, e.g. 1MiB ?