Here’s what I’d like to achieve:
- Have a system that let’s me backup my emails from multiple sources (multiple gmail accounts in this example)
- Have a web UI that let me easily access all these emails, search through, etc
It feels like a very basic use case and I thought something out there would be built for this and easy to setup. But I’ve been struggling to find a good solution for this.
I’ve looked into http://gmvault.org but it seems that it’s only for backup and restore, no web UI to go through all the emails.
Then I discovered mailcow, but:
- Can I achieve this mailcow?
- It looks like mailcow is built for way more than this
When I look at the requirements to set it upit says:
- RAM: Minimum 6 GiB + 1 GiB swap (default config)
- Disk: 20 GiB (without emails)
Which seems absolutely excessive for my use case.
So my questions are the following:
- 1) Can mailcow achieve what I want?
- 2) If so, can I run a subset of mailcow to achieve only what I want?
- 3) Is there another app that is better suited to handle my use case?