So after googling this problem to death, I’ve finally figured I’d ask here to see if anyone has seen this before. I’ve seen so many autodiscover with mailcow, but I have yet to see a solution to the problem, I’m having.
Just to note the setup. Currently have one deciated IP, using Cloudflare DNS, running mailcow on a 4cpu 16gb KVM.
First ran into this problem, because none of my phones will connect using autodiscover. So I used microsoft’s autodiscover tester. It gave me this output (below).
Also to note, my mailcow hostname is “mail.nightlygroup.com”, it’s the primary domain I have setup as a mail server. while I have 7 other domains also setup on that mail server. This problem is happening on all of them. I even have my DNS setup according to the configure tool in mailcow. But if I use my computer and goto my -> “mail.nightlygroup.com” it works fine, I’m finally back to receiving and sending email from the web interface. Only problem, I haven’t solved is the auto discovery, which I’m going to need. So putting aside everything I’ve done over the last few weeks. Where I can I start over to troubleshoot and fix this issue?
Connectivity Test Failed
The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is testing Exchange ActiveSync.
The Exchange ActiveSync test failed.
Attempting the Autodiscover and Exchange ActiveSync test (if requested).
Autodiscover was successfully tested for Exchange ActiveSync.
Validating Exchange ActiveSync settings.
Exchange ActiveSync URL https://mail.nightlygroup.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync was validated successfully.
Attempting to resolve the host name mail.nightlygroup.com in DNS.
The host name resolved successfully.
Testing TCP port 443 on host mail.nightlygroup.com to ensure it’s listening and open.
The port was opened successfully.
Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it’s valid.
The certificate passed all validation requirements.
Testing HTTP Authentication Methods for URL https://mail.nightlygroup.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync.
The HTTP authentication test failed.
Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it
A 401 error was received from the server, but no authentication methods are supported.
HTTP Response Headers:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 07:39:41 GMT
WWW-Authenticate: basic realm=“SOGo”