So don’t know if this informative to anyone, but I did a update of my stack on Friday with the update.sh. On Saturday I know the stack worked but apparently at least Monday SMTP didn’t work. When I tried to send mail with Sogo it returned a error state 1 and all outside mail sent to the server returned “Diagnostic-Code: x-error; Network error: Unexpectedly disconnected (BANNER)”. On the stack RDSpam restarted every 60s. The system runs on a debian 10 on a linode vm.
Now I have backups from 5 previous days, but restoring all from them resulted in the same issue being replicated. Fortunately rm -r of mailcow folder and a normal install does look to clear the issue but that means creating the email domain and boxes again. I am awaiting delivery of “hanging” emails before I restore everything if it causes the issue again. If anyone has ideas or suggestions on what to restore only so issues don’t arise, will gladly hear them. And yes, the logs are gone as getting the server working, even somewhat, was more important.